Posts tagged mobile applications
1. There are 16m people on the mobile web in the UK
Of the 46 million web users in the UK, more than 16 million use smartphones to access services online.
2. Smartphones are now outselling PCs
100.9 million units shipped in comparison, 92.1 million PCs. An audience too large to ignore!
3. Mobile websites reach all audiences, apps do not
Every modern smartphone has a browser, so everyone can view your mobile website.
4. Smartphone traffic will boost your overall traffic
Your available to your customers and clients on the go, all day, everyday and in turn, increased traffic to your website can lead to an improved ranking on search engines such as Google.
5. Mobile traffic to most websites grew by 50-100% this year
A Quantcast study showed that mobile web use more than doubled in 2010. This year is looking just as strong so far.
6. There will be more mobile than desktop web users in 3 years
According to Google, the mobile web on smartphones is growing so rapidly that it will exceed desktop web in 2014.
7. Your website may be hard or impossible to use on mobile
Good mobile usability requires a separate design with a reduced feature set, focusing on time- and location-dependent tasks. It is important to analyse the users’ actual mobile needs.
8. Globally, 70 million people check e-mail via mobile each month
When your customers click on a link to your website from a mobile e-mail client, will it be visible, accessible, and optimised?
9. Even if you don’t go mobile, your competitors will
Going mobile is a hot trend right now. Make sure you dont get left behind.
10. Reach your audience on the go
If you don’t have a mobile website, your customers can only view your website when they are sitting down. Turn your customer service up a notch by being accessible all the time.
Contact us for more information about building a mobile site for your business. Imagine the possibilities!
Thats right folks, Lemon Interactive has branched out further withe the new Windows Phone 7 platform. At the end of January we will launch our need dedicated Windows Phone 7 website called Windows Phone Application Development.com
This site will focus purely on Windows Phone application development services…
We believe Windows Phone will become a strong force within the mobile sector, lets hope we backed the right company!